
On July 26th I had to call maintenance because the water in my shower and toilet overflowed onto my floor. It took five hours for maintenance to resolve the issue. They had to de-clog the toilet and shower using a "snake," or at least that's what they called it. Anyways, after they had finished the job, I noticed that my water smelled like sewer. I gave it some weeks to see if the odor would subside over time. So, yes as crazy as it may seem, I did bathe in the water and I had to use it for other needs as well. I really did not want to have to call maintenance due to the issue because it took them five hours just to de-clog my toilet.
This morning I went to take a shower, and the water still smelled like shit. When I got out of the shower I noticed a red rash on the center of my stomach. I was furious and called the rental office and requested for maintenance right away. The woman whom I spoke with was not very nice and by her tone of voice it sounded as if she thought I was lying. She contacted maintenance and told me that they would stop by; she continued on to say "Just to let you know, everyone who lives in your complex uses the same water, and we have had no complaints from any other tenants." Well....All the other tenants live above ground, and none of them had to have maintenance de-clog their toilet and shower! --That is what I should've said, but I was so angry at the time that I just said ok and waited for maintenance.
It was 12PM when I called to request for maintenance; I waited around until 2PM until I called the rental office to get an update on when maintenance would be arriving. The woman said that maintenance had been by twice to deal with the issue, but my gate was locked. ~DOh...MY bad!
BUT they should have contacted me! The lady told me that the maintenance did not call me because he does not have any numbers to tenants. The lady obviously has my number, she could have called me after maintenance notified her that my gate was locked. She continued to explain that she could put in a work order and have him come by tomorrow because he had already left. I told her about the rash that I had developed and I also explained that I had not been using any new body washes or beauty products, and that I think it is a reaction to the water. I guess that was not enough for the lady to re-contact maintenance to have him fix the issue. I hate where I live and I hate how the people who run this place think. They don't care about any issues you have, they're all about the money.
LUCAYA APARTMENT and any apartment complexes owned by them is shit. When it rains, my kitchen floods, and I only have one window to open in the apartment, but unfortunately, outside the window is a nest to poisonous spiders like black widows!! I am ecstatic about moving into my new apartment on the 28th! I will never deal with these people again. They will probably take me to court because they want to charge me the lease termination fee. This apartment also gives me a great deal of claustrophobia, to the point where often times I must step outside of the apartment just to catch my breathe. I had previously explained this to the rental lady at the office, and she offered to move me into another apartment, but the rent was more expensive and I could not afford it.
So angry at them right now.......
No comments:
Post a Comment