



Take in the beautiful scenery of the Jemez mountains of New Mexico....I spend most of my time in the city of Albuquerque so I don't get to see much greenery. It was a fun day that I spent with my girlfriend and friends. It was like a breath of fresh air to get out in the wilderness. I miss the ocean a lot, but this is as close as I will get; living here in Albuquerque. I am so thankful for nature! It sets a vibe that is so innocent and natural. I enjoy the smell of the soil, watching the trees sway, feeling the wind in my hair, and the sun on my skin....Ahhh bliss...
As we were hiking down to the river, we did not see many people until we came to the major swimming area. There were many people jumping off the ledges of the cliffs and into the ponds of water. It was a thrill to watch! The space between the ledges on each side of the water was very narrow. The ledges were at least fifty feet tall. There were many brave people who jumped off the ledges and into the water. Some people even did back-flips and other tricks while in the air before landing in the water. It was infested with people!! So many that it reminded me of ants crawling on a rock. And, No I did not jump off the ledge into the water :) The amount of people that were present was enough to overwhelm me.
The hike down to the water was amazing, but not as amazing as the hike back up! It was killer and a great workout! Working out does not have to be limited to the gym, you can use the world around you! God blessed many of us with functional limbs and many senses. It is always good to escape the city and be with nature to exercise your body and senses. Overall, I had a wonderful time that I am so grateful for. I feel so blessed to have a working body and genuine people to enjoy life with.
Get out and discover our world!! If you come to New Mexico, it is a must see!
No comments:
Post a Comment